Thursday, May 23, 2013

Washing hair less often.

I've always liked the idea for efficiency reasons. But now I've got back-up from Hamish Blake's wife, who is a beauty writer. She suggested a system of doing your hair before the weekend to have great hair for days without much effort, so I bought some mousse and tried it, and it worked! Less conditioner, a squirt of mousse foam in damp hair, dry it normally with the hair-dryer, go to bed. Wake up and straighten it, and boom! Good hair for 3 days. 3rd day is ponytail day, but it's still a classier ponytail than normal. I'll never again have to take shampoo and conditioner away with on a weekend.

On the other hand, I still want to do Jillian 3 times a week (ideally) so I'm still going to have to wash my hair 3 times a week minimum. Anyway, I feel completely validated by this post too, which advocates washing hair as little as possible, and also using less conditioner, and also I am glad I didn't let the hairdresser do layers in my last haircut.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to your opinion on Mason Pearson hairbrushes, if you have an opinion on them. They seem to completely contravene the ideals of Jessenomics, being vastly expensive items. But all the reviews I've read have been raves, and people have said their M&P brushes last for decades (as long as you don't lose them!). I've never been in a financial situation where it would be prudent to buy one (preferring to eat and pay bills over having perfect hair). But one day I might see one on sale and be sorely tempted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I never thought about high tech hairbrushes until I saw one on fruitybeauty. It was red. I use a hairbrush every day so having a good one would be easy to justify... So I put a $40 hairbrush on the list of things I might buy one day but won't rush out and buy. I use a $2 spider hairbrush from the Metford corner store that's pink and probably 15 years old. It still has most of the bristles. It works fine and I've tried 2 other brushes that look nicer but I didn't like them.

    ReplyDelete