Friday, October 28, 2011

KESC 35 REVIEW. Mama Teresa

This has a cool, clean, modern decor. It's the best inside of a restaurant we've seen, by far. As G points out, there is a fish tank for decoration, not dinner. One of the fish is a Nemo. The seats are cushy, although a bit too close together to get past them easily. The table is set with nice shiny cutlery and white plates, but they don't have cloth napkins, only serviettes. The tablecloth is covered with brown paper, for reasons which become obvious by the time I've eaten my pasta. The waiters are all men, in white shirts and aprons. Unusually, it has an open kitchen. It looks great.






We ordered a salad.

I tried a pasta, which was great. It was about $17. The prawns were delicious, salty chilli flavoured, and the pasta was drenched in olive oil. It could have had more greens, cos it promised baby spinach and there was barely any to notice. That would have been the main improvement. I reckon I could make it at home. I must try.



The pizzas are 13", which is just right for sharing. Thin base, looked all right in the topping department.


My meal, with a share of salad and a LLB drink, was under $25, the others were cheaper with sharing a pizza. I was pretty happy with the food, service, quality and price. The food came quickly and both mains came at the same time, which is ideal. It compares well with Giovanna's over the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment