Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hair rave.

I've got a hairstyle from Pinterest that I use a lot, second only to a pony tail. I hate how often I do a pony tail, it's kind of the jeans of hair-styles.

See my photobooth headshot for a rough idea.

You make a low pony, pull the hairband out a little bit, and make a hole in the hair above the hairband. Don't poke all the way out the bottom, just make a hole, start twirling your pony and stuffing it down the hole. Stuff it all in like a hair pocket. It won't stay like that by itself so stick some bobby pins through the pocket to keep it from untwirling or falling out the bottom, and slide one pin through the opening at the top to keep it closed and stop the hairband from rolling out. So now it's like a low, inside-out bun! It's very neat and simple. It's my only hairstyle that anyone comments on, and after a few practices it's almost foolproof. I can't recommend it enough.

3 comments:

  1. *Sigh* Only works on non-Asian hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly, you do need long hair anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never do anything with my hair cos it's so stubborn! I love a chic chignon.

    ReplyDelete