Wednesday, September 28, 2011

How to rebuke.

I love that "first world problems" thing going around. It's perfect. It's a genuine rebuke when you are getting the irrits about something trivial, like a $5 rent increase,* cos you remember that some people don't have houses. and it's also funny. I told it to a slight friend of might on the weekend, when she said she was having a knee operation soon, which is not nice at all, but the injury is from an international ski trip. Probably insensitive of me. Pain isn't nice. But, skiing in Europe. How first world can you get. Still shouldn't have said it. Whats more funny is to apply it to random things. Anna and I saw an Ibis that had been run over on the road. I said "first world problems" without thinking. Heh. Being dead isn't a FWP. I just like to mock Ibises.

I hope my overuse of this meme will make me more like Michael Scott.



*Ross Gittins wrote recently that when people are complaining about cost of living, they don't have real problems. Losing your job is a real problem, expensive cinema food is not a real problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment