Friday, September 2, 2011

Food frugality is catching!

It seems that my living example is finally becoming influential. First evidence this week was Em's post of a comic strip. It perfectly captures the sort of dilemma I face in my quest to never throw out food.



Second, George ate corn-cobs for breakfast today, and tagged me in it on Facebook. She needed to empty the fridge before her holiday, the cereal will last but the corn won't, so she ate corn cobs for breakfast. And when you think about it, it's just unprocessed cornflakes. One commenter recommended the carrot as a breakfast food. Why not, I say! Actually I have never considered eating vegetables for breakfast except when accompanying bacon, and now my mind has been opened to amazing possibilities. But mainly, that is the sort of unconventional food efficiency I love.

I feel challenged to push the boundaries even further! The shared experience of food frugality has made me realise anything is possible! Throw off the conventions of food marketing, people of jelssie!

2 comments:

  1. You'd be pleased Jess. I ate leftover curry for breakfast, because otherwise it would have gone off. Leftover curry. The husband baulked, but I was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I think I would have pushed the boundaries of use-by dates there.

    ReplyDelete