Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thoughts on living alone

I love it! I can't afford to at the moment, but because my current flatmate and my previous flatmate were away for extended periods of time, I had the flat to myself and I loved it. I love doing things my way without having to consider another person (as inconsiderate as it sounds). For example, I can leave a mess in the kitchen after dinner for a little while instead of tidying it up immediately so that my flatmate can use it after me. Or I can put the washing on at odd hours of the night.

I love being able to use the flat perfectly for me e.g. creating as much space as possible in the living area so I can do an exercise DVD.

I love being able to entertain without worrying about inconveniencing my flatmate, and being able to leave the after-party mess till the next day to clean up.

However, it means doing twice as much housework and not being able to fill the dishwasher within a reasonable enough timeframe for it to get washed without becoming crusty.

Yeah, if I can afford to, I think I would like to live alone one day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Elsie,
    Gosh, haven't caught up with you in ages!
    Never lived alone, I have to say, but I cherish the hours when I am alone in the house nowadays. :)
    Lovely blog you and jessica have here.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on this! My sister has been living with my parents for the last 3 months because of convenience & I've loved being alone & wouldn't mind her prolonging her stay (hehe). I like having my own space & I feel energised being on my own (I'm an introvert). I could definitely do this for a long time if I could afford it.

    Maybe we should live alone together? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda! Thanks for dropping by ^_^ Hope you're well.

    Jess - ah, yes, it's a topic JG and I have oft discussed: how to live alone together...just think, if we all lived alone together, we could work out to Jillian together!

    ReplyDelete