Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Release!

I've been trying to find ways to relieve tension. I had a persistent headache in my face all yesterday afternoon, starting from the forehead. I've noticed since last week that when I try and relax my forehead, that it's like a reverse spring: as soon as I stop consciously relaxing it my forehead clenches up again.

I tried some of these little exercises, deep breathing (I should sigh more!), drawing an 8 around my eyes. I think singing along to itunes would be as effective as "om". I still had to take ibuprofen but it was worth trying. Coincidentally I had really relaxing sleep last night for the first time in ages, and woke up feeling all floppy and relaxed. I even swung my arms as I walked to work, which is very unusual. But I felt tense again when I sat down at my desk. So anyway I'm trying to be more aware of where I'm carrying stress and practicing releasing those muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment