Thursday, September 22, 2011

Complaint

I brought out the inner nanna and inner feminist in this exchange:

To whom it may concern,

I recently received the September 2011 [DVD Rental Company] brochure in my mailbox. I was disappointed to see an image of a woman with very obvious cleavage on the front of it. It is distasteful, gratuitous, inappropriate and unnecessary. I feel it does not promote a good image of [DVD Rental Company]. I hope you will not be using that image again in any of your promotions in the future.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Kind regards,
Elsie

To their credit, I received this response:

Hi Elsie

Thank you for your feedback regarding the advertising material you recieved.

This partucular image has been used for over 24 months Australia wide (I knew I should have complained the first time I saw it!). Prior to your email we had never recieved any negative feedback directly or through our market research.

We will take your feedback onboard when relooking at our marketing campaigns in the future. At this stage this image has been confirmed for our next few campaigns so please do not feel we are not listening.

Regards

[DVD Rental Company Marketing Team]

Should I say, "hey, thanks for listening!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment