Friday, September 16, 2011

Single lady randomness.

Being a bridesmaid has been an insight into marriage preparation. Not much of it seems to be very fun, but I'm not a fan of organising stuff, it's people like me who create the market for wedding planners. Or people like me with heaps of spare money. And a fiance, obviously.

While I've been avoiding buying a pair of black high heel shoes and other boring shop tasks, I've been enjoying digging through my parent's counselling resources. I'm not a maths person, but this book and other stuff by John Gottman are actually rather comforting. Marriage is a bit less scary when it's reduced to a ratio of 5:1 positive to negative interactions. It's also a bit less romantic. Check out Romeo and Juliet on page 112.

On a related note, I had a good cackle at the rewritten Beyonce lyric I saw on Facebook, "All the single ladies, all the single ladies, PUT YOUR CATS UP", and when I was stuffing envelopes at work I was following an interesting trail of covers and found THE COOLEST cover.




On an unrelated note I was watching the down escalator at Eastgardens last night and I saw a lady catch the toe of her sandal in the bottom of the escalator, she tripped out of her shoe and then her shoe was sucked right under the escalator and the escalator stopped!! I knew escalators could eat people.

1 comment: