Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Winter beauty tip

Winter must be upon us because I am now thinking about blow-drying my hair instead of stepping out in the cold with wet hair, and the skin on my face is starting to get dry and flaky.

This is what I'm doing to treat my dry, flaky skin. I squirt a small amount of a colour-free and fragrance-free moisturiser into the palm of my hand. The amount I squirt is the amount I would use on my face. I then add a drop of jojoba oil to it and use my finger to mix it up in my palm. I then apply it all over my face.

This is what Paula Begoun says about jojoba oil:
A non-fragrant plant oil whose chemical composition is similar to human sebum (oil). Although that may make it seem like an ingredient to avoid by those with oily, acne-prone skin, research has shown that topical application of jojoba oil can reduce oil production in skin that’s been irritated by drying acne treatments. Jojoba oil also has the ability to dissolve excess natural oil in the pore, allowing it to be washed away (Source: Cosmetic Dermatology, April 2008, page 213). For those with dry skin, jojoba oil is an excellent emollient to consider when shopping for moisturizers. Little is known about the antioxidant content of jojoba oil, so it is not preferred to antioxidant-rich plant oils such as olive or grape seed. However, it certainly has benefits for oily/acne-prone and dry skin that make it worth considering.
(Source: Ingredient Dictionary)

So jojoba oil is great for dry skin as well as oily/acne prone skin - win! Also check out what Daniel Kern has to say about jojoba oil on his acne.org website.

No comments:

Post a Comment