Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Dapper Gentleman of the University of Newcastle.

The Dapper Gentleman of the University of Newcastle

"This is a fan page honouring the well dressed gentleman regularly seen strolling the grounds of the University of Newcastle. If you to wish to pay tribute to this gentleman's sartorial splendour, become a fan!"

I have noticed a few FB friends joining this group, and I think I remember seeing this man back in my day. (I wonder if he solves crimes? Or collects rare butterflies?)

In Newcastle, a city renown for westies and bogans, 1200+ uni students have united in their admiration of a Dapper Gentleman. It just goes to show! If you make a little bit of effort, wear a waistcoat and carry a walking cane, you will be noticed, respected and even reverently stalked around libraries and bus stops. Although it is a little sad that a smartly dressed man is so out of the ordinary. Well done, that man!

3 comments:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me what consumes the female mind!

    More to the point ,what I have drawn to my attention is that any and every comment I make is always the final comment on any issue. While this does not worry me it is deeply disturbing!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. don't worry not the final comment this time! I think it's gentlemen of that era who dress like that, my late grandfather - always immaculately dressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not my grandfather or grandpa! Shorts and knee socks, old parkas and jumpers. And this guy looks practically victorian.

    ReplyDelete