Monday, April 19, 2010

Roast them vegies

How do you keep your vegies exciting to eat?

I find that when I get bored of salad, steamed or raw vegies, roasting them is the way to go. Also keep your vegies exciting by buying something different or unusual, something you would not normally eat or have no idea to cook. Find out how to cook it on the internet (taste.com.au is a favourite of mine).

For me, that was yellow squash (also known as button squash). First time I bought it, I diced them and steamed it in the microwave. It reminded me of zucchini, and I might substitute it in this hotpot recipe I love. Tonight, I cut thick slices, sprayed them with oil and baked them in the oven. It was so tasty! I ate two, just like that.

There is something wonderful about roasted vegies. Spanish onions caramelise, cherry tomatoes collapse and get all juicy - I love it! Plus, it's nearly winter, so its perfect for the weather. And they make the kitchen smell great.

No comments:

Post a Comment