Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to walk.

In Pride and Prejudice, walking well is a sort of accomplishment. Elegant walking is also a lot better for you than ordinary slumpy walking. Good posture is important for a straight, healthy back, you project vitality and confidence, and you will probably feel better. Here are the things to notice when you are walking.
  • Feet roll from heel to toe
  • Pelvis balanced (not swinging with each step)
  • Stomach held in (core muscles engaged)
  • Shoulders down
  • Head up
  • Breath through your nose.
And then keep it going, up hills and over fields, until your skirt is six inches deep in mud!

5 comments:

  1. Or until you come upon Mr Darcy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of P&P, this made me think of Jelssie.

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44715181

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I like the handwriting, too. Also, I saw somebody blogged about cafepress austen stuff. Not as nicely produced.

    http://www.cafepress.com.au/pemstore/1488420

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Jess J!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm gonna have to get me one!!

    ReplyDelete