Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why photobooth (webcam thingy) portraits are cool.

  • The camera is at the top of the screen, so you get that flattering from above angle.
  • The lens is lightly curved, so this slightly alters the dimensions of your face: Bigger forehead, smaller chin. My natural dimensions are skewed the other way, so for me this is a pleasing correction. In general, it creates a cuter face shape, because babies have bigger foreheads and smaller chins.
  • Black and white, and filters which exaggerate colour, are great for smoothing out uneven skin tone, hiding blemishes, and drawing attention to your eyes and mouth, minimizing your nose.
  • Also, they are a mirror image, and I find that when I flip them I often look weird, because I normally see myself in a mirror. My mirror face is the normal me to me.

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to have a photo taken in a photobooth. Always thought it'd be nice thing to do with a few friends or kind of cute with a significant other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white, four pose ones, so hard to find. the only one I can think of that exists is in melbourne on toorak road.

    ReplyDelete