Thursday, November 12, 2009

The way things was.

I sometimes think about scarves. I wear my scarf most days during cooler months. Most girls do. Some men (man-scarves are a contentious issue). Now I am considering getting a floaty girly summer scarf. But I remember a time when nobody wore a scarf. When people started wearing scarves, I thought they were over-dressing—scarves are for people in Melbourne or Alaska.

Now I can't imagine life without scarves! Before scarves we all wore skivvys. Can you still get a skivvy with a neck? I don't think so. The scarf killed the turtle neck.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen plenty of skivvy wearers, scarf wearers and even skivvy AND scarf wearers.

    The scarf is seen as more practical, because not everyone likes skivvies and when the day warms or you go inside, you're not left sweltering.

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ezxactly!

    Also, scarve is good for when you don't think you need a jumper but you're not sure. And you can carry them around more easily and they can save you from surprise icy air-con or cold evenings.

    ReplyDelete