Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Winter wardrobe efficiency.

My winter uniform.
I've found the only outfit I need during winter. Jeans, brown boots over the top, any dark skivvy or jumper presentable enough for the office, plus a scarf and my grey wool jacket for being outside. It's practical, warm, nothing falls down or rides up or blows around in the wind, it's neutral colour-wise (without being all black). I can, and do, wear it all week.

I follow the uniform pretty rigidly, but I can vary from this outfit only one way at a time: like, I can wear a different coat occasionally—Blue Blanket Cape gets a wear. Or once a week I can possibly wear a long skirt and leggings instead of jeans. Or I can add a hat. But if I change more than one thing, I invariably end up badly dressed. So I've pretty much given up on fashion creativity, I'm going to stick with my winter uniform.

An extra advantage of a 'uniform' is that I can get dressed really quickly in the morning, without getting cold while changing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment