Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bag-free.

I traveled to work this morning with NO BAG. Only my wallet, keys, phone and ipod in my jacket pockets. My wallet and phone are pretty small. I can still fit my hands in as well. I really like being bagless, it feels so fancy-free.

The things I can't fit in my pockets, that I have to carry in a bag when I need them are:
  • diary
  • lunch
  • ipad
But I'm going to try and go bagless as much as possible. No bag is:
  • lighter,
  • better for your back,
  • doesn't clash with your outfit (but outfit needs pockets).
I've always liked a minimalist wallet/purse. I generally avoid loyalty cards. My purse usually just has money, change, bus tickets, a debit card, and a drivers license. I've actually removed all the cards I rarely use, such as medicare, into a small ziplock bag. I saw an woman at church once pull out a plastic curtain ring filled with loyalty cards with holes punched in the corner. If I was going to do Flybuys and Spotlight VIP in a big way, a curtain ring is a cool solution.

http://au.bellroy.com/pages/slim-your-wallet has a whole guide to having a small light wallet. They obviously fancy their own wallet designs as solutions to the problem. I like the thought they put into it though.

1 comment:

  1. I like going to church bag-less :D Can always take notes or read the Bible from my phone.

    ReplyDelete