Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekly shop.

I used to walk home from work with a backpack and pick up whatever I needed whenever I needed it from cheap Kingsford, or Randwick Coles. My routine has totally changed this year, and now when I get off a packed bus at night the last thing I want to do is dive into a crowded supermarket for dinner. So I've started shopping on the weekend, when I am much calmer. I actually enjoy the routine of sitting down with a pen and paper, and deciding what I will eat for lunches and what I will cook for dinner (I just eat the same thing every day for a week, so it's not hard), write it down, and then go and buy it on Saturday or Sunday morning. It's sunny and peaceful. Then I have almost everything I need for one week. I feel very Proverbs 31. I do sometimes go to the shops anyway for milk or chocolate, but it's a relief that I never come home on a Monday night and try and decide what to buy and eat, cos now the fridge is full and the plan is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment