Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hydrating winter skin - Part 2

I've become very determined in my quest to treat my dry facial skin. I came across this Guardian article on products for dehydrated skin and it recommended glycerin and hyaluronic acid. I don't know why, but I ignored the glycerin and started looking for products with hyaluronic acid.

I remember seeing products in Daiso, Chatswood, that contained hyaluronic acid. I went to a Daiso outlet in the city, but couldn't see any of the products I saw in the Chatswood one. I did come across an Etude House face mask from an Asian beauty store. So I bought one to try.


I also remembered that I recently used a sample of an Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and it didn't sting my face at all. So I checked out their Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free. I looked at the ingredients listing and realised it was just glorified Vaseline. I tried a sample and was really happy that it didn't sting my skin. But if it's just glorified Vaseline, then why don't I use Vaseline or the paw paw balm (similar in texture, also enriched with various oils) that I already have?

Anyway, I found that I could get the Elizabeth Arden product for quite a reasonable price online, so I've ordered one.



There is a Japanese drugstore brand called Hado Labo, which has products containing that h-acid. I will ask my sister to grab a couple of products for me. Apparently, some of the products in Aldi's skin care range also contain the h-acid.

So my new routine will be to use the rosehip oil twice a day, and applying the Elizabeth Arden protectant as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment