Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CWA sandwiches are go!

First one: Brown bread + fried champignons, salt and pepper, mace.

Champignons seem to google up as ordinary mushrooms, not tinned ones or anything. Mace, in the glossary, is equal to nutmeg, not pepper spray. So I bought some mushrooms and a masterfoods bottle of nutmeg, and picked up a $1.80 loaf of brown bread from the bread shop on the way to work. I figure it wouldn't be authentic to use posh Burgen bread for these recipes, only white or brown unfancy square loaves.

Cooked 2 thin sliced mushroom on sandwich press with a very little butter, put on bread with salt pepper and nutmeg. Nutmeg has an evocative smell, I placed it as smelling like pumpkin scones. It's a little bit sickly. Didn't butter bread but I think I will tomorrow The mushrooms were freshly cooked and warm, not sure how it would taste cold. I cut the sandwich into little triangles, and ate it. It was nice. A bit plain, and not enough salt probably. Not very filling. I'll happily eat it for the rest of the week, but will probably add other things to it to make it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment