Saturday, January 7, 2012

Steam mop review.

I have written this within only hours of purchasing and using the highly anticipated steam mop. I know there is a lot of interest in this subject, people who have been wondering for a long time about getting one but don't know if it'll be any good. Here is the jelssie scoop. I don't have my camera connecter. Unless this laptop has a thing to put a memory card in! Looks like this is it. Never done this before. Photo will be included below if I'm clever.

I bought the Optim, $36 on special at Godfreys, and got talked into buying 2 extra fluffy heads which I wish I hadn't; my hesitation saved me $5 so silent haggling works, but I don't need them yet and wont for a while, so that was not frugal of me. Total spend $50.

It needs to be constructed, but it's not hard to click together. I thought it would only work in a straight upright position but fortunately once I used it it bent to the normal angle for floor cleaning things.

You sweep or vacuum first. Personally I can't see much benefit in vacuuming hard floors, but some people like it. Then you fill it up, wait a minute for it to boil, and then use it like a vac. Each time you push it forward the handle pumps some steam out. Therefore, it actually takes a while for the steam to moisten the floor cloth sufficiently. Next time I would damp the cloth first to get started quicker.



I think it worked quite well. The floor looks clean and the cloth is dirty. It's very manual though. I'd say this cheap one is good enought for my light cleaning. I suppose the expensive ones do more of the work for you, work better on heavy mess and maybe are easier to push. But not a bad investment.

I'm not really sure where to store it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment