Thursday, November 3, 2011

Read, memorize, learn.

I was super impressed to listen to a recorded sermon where a guy preached Hebrews from memory. He memorized it over 2 years, and then spoke it like a sermon. I've listened to it a few times and it's much more dynamically spoken than the audio bible.

I'm going to give Big Chunk Of Bible Memorization another shot. You read a verse, and repeat it to yourself a lot. That's it. I'm going to do 1 verse a day. My chosen chapter has 34 verses. I've written verse 1 on a note to carry around and check if I forget the words. I've also discovered that you can go to ESV online, bring up the tiny fragment you want, and then download the audio of just that verse or fragment. Which means you can put it in itunes and play it on repeat, and say it along with it.

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Jess! I actually memorized a few verses from Ephesians this morning too. Good to make it into a habit.

    ReplyDelete