Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ways to bless those who are needier

I want to share with you ways friends have blessed me when I was financially needier (especially when I was a ministry trainee):
  • Friends gave me free driving lessons
  • Friends paid for my share of lunch or dinner when we went out
  • If I went on holidays with friends who were earning a higher wage, they insisted on paying a higher proportion of the accommodation cost
You don't need to be rolling in moolah to offer something to those in need. You just need your thinking cap on and a prayerful heart. Think about that person's needs and your gifts, skills and your ability to give. Ask God to inspire you and to give you wisdom about your friend and your ability to give.

Do you know a lot about bikes and they want to get a bike? Go bike shopping with them to offer advice. Are they bad at cooking decent meals for themselves? Why don't you cook a bit more for one of your meals in the week and drop off a home cooked meal for them? Do you love going for walks and they need a bit of spurring on to exercise? Arrange to go for regular walks together. Are you a good listener? Perhaps you can allow them to rant and debrief to you in confidence and you could pray together.

I hope this inspires you to bless those around you! However I know some of you give and give and give already, and you don't have any more room to give. To those of you who have given of themselves to the point of fatigue, I say thank you for giving so much of yourself and fill the well.

No comments:

Post a Comment