Tuesday, June 1, 2010

No news is good news.

I have cut out news television almost completely. In general, no nightly news bulletins, no Sunrise, no Today Show, no 7pm project. I can hear the news headlines on the radio, which is like a news tweet. Clear and short. Whereas watching a half-hour of TV "news and information" is sometimes like being stuck listening to someone prattle in your ear, stopping every 7 mins or so to shout in your face about 24 months interest free at harvey norman and Macdonalds family meal deals (have you noticed that red box has devil horns?).

Actually, there was a big reason. The last straw was actually the media coverage of the death of Carl Williams. It was all hype and self-promotion (mostly Underbelly) and Channel Nine canceled my favourite show, The Mentalist, to dedicate an extra hour to commemorating his pathetic life. I was furious. NO MORE, I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment