Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bright colours for winter

Ever since Jess G pointed out it's good to wear bright colours in winter, I've noticed how people do wear lots of black and grey during the colder months. Especially if you catch public transport (in particular the trains in the CBD) during peak hour and look at what people wear. It's a sea of dull.

Today is a lovely warm winter's day. This is how I injected some colour into it:


I really liked it. I really liked wearing bright colours, and seeing bright colours while catching my reflection in shop windows. Jess G is onto something here: bright colours are great for winter. I do like black and it is very smart colour, but for this winter, I will try to wear it as little as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, so cheerful! Splashed colour all over yourself! I was really onto something there :)

    Also, if you have a dress code for work and dull tones are the rule, a single item of colour looks great - purple coat, or red scarf, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the most gorgeous red shoes that would complete this outfit! Hee!

    ReplyDelete