Thursday, August 6, 2009

Uni-tasking is the way for me

Multi-tasking is overrated.

Look at driving a car. That's a situation where multi-tasking is very bad e.g. driving and texting.

In my work situation, I have learnt that uni-tasking is much more efficient than multi-tasking. I can put my full attention into one task, make sure I'm doing it properly without being distracted and complete it faster rather than being interrupted. By having your mind on different tasks, you can forget to do certain parts of your individual tasks.

From an anti-clutter point of view, but working on one task at a time until its completed, you have less clutter on your desk and in your mind.

However, multi-taking can work well in the kitchen (e.g. put the rice cooker on, heat pan on stove while you chop up onions).

No comments:

Post a Comment