Monday, August 3, 2009

Jessenomics: Keeping Up Appearances

I am a low maintenance woman. I do not use a hairbrush more than once a day. I'm from the school of thought which sees too much personal grooming as vanity and superficiality. But it has started to occur to me that I could see it as a discipline, and aim for a higher standard of neatness in my person. Don't want to get too carried away, but I could take it up a notch.

I have observed that there are some things I can do which require relatively small effort but achieve a massive result. Trinny and Susannah wrap everyone up in belts to create 'waist definition', to great effect. However, I only own one belt and it's the sort to hold up your trousers, not the sort to create 'waist definition'. So, I suggest paying attention to your hair is a great way to start. We all have hair (all girls, anyway, who are the majority of Jelssie readers).

To that end, I am now using my hair straightener for 10 minutes, every couple of days. A small time investment. The impact of my newly tidy hair has been surprising, with comments ranging from 'have you had a haircut, it looks nice today' to 'have you lost weight'. Well, perceived weight-loss is a very nice reward for having straight hair, so there you are. Personal grooming—give it a red hot go.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes after I've washed my hair, people asked me if I've done something to my hair cos it's looking good. And all I did was wash it!

    ReplyDelete