Friday, August 31, 2012

Paying more or less.


There are things that I think are worth the money. And there are things where the cheap one is fine by me. Like, I have a cheap chopping board. And lots of cheap saucepans and glassware. It makes no difference to how easy they are to use, the cheap ones work just as well as expensive ones. They break, I throw them out. But I wanted an expensive and good knife, so that I could cut things more easily. Because I was sick of my knife block of fat, heavy, awkward knives. Just one good knife, for life. Not a knife block full of OK knives. One good knife. I wrote it on my Christmas list one year, and my parents went to King of Knives and chose one. And 18 months later it fell on the tiled kitchen floor and broke off. Not like, the plastic handle part, but the actual steel broke. It was super disappointing not to get value out of it, although it can be replaced under guarantee. But now I've been using a knife my flatmate got from Coles for $10, and it's not half bad. It looks weird but it's light and easy to use. She regrets not getting the quantity discount on 2 of them.

1 comment:

  1. Don't get a new knife, I will get you some super knives for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete