Monday, September 3, 2012

DESC: Dixon challenge.

Not going to always blog the food, just eat it. But I have such strong opinions this time. Miga Korean BBQ has nice chairs and decor. The cutlery is the worst I have ever used, the chopsticks were slim metal sticks that slipped all over the place and made my hand ache. I dropped one on the floor and barely caught another falling. Korean food is not my thing, I just wont go out of my way to eat it. The flavours are neither here nor there. There was a sweet chilly soft shell crab that was super sweet and super chilli. The hot pots were nice in a mild way. The $15 salad was just a pile of iceberg with a brown mayo on it, must have had a huge profit margin. The honey soy chicken with rice and the seafood pancake were probably the best, but there is nothing exclusively Korean about those, you can get them anywhere. But yes, the decor, service and atmosphere were fine. There was K-pop on TV right above our table, hypnotising. Fun fact, members of K-pop and J-pop boy bands and girl bands are contractually forbidden to date. You can use that conversational gem next time you eat in a place with Korean video hits.




We are going back to Arisun again next time, where we went a few months ago, and the memory of that chicken is so happy, so mark your diaries, Thurs 13th September is FRIED CHICKEN NIGHT.

1 comment:

  1. I usually like korean food. Good korean food rivals good japanese. But the food at this place wasn't actually that good and expensive for what it was.

    ReplyDelete