Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grocery adventure.

It has come into my mind that my efficiency in the area of shopping and cooking is cutting me off from a lot of tastes and experiences the supermarket has to offer. I've been thinking, one week I should do a shop and buy nothing I've ever bought before, only things I have never tried, and cook and eat them. Try cashew milk, fennel, dried eggplant chips or whatever.

I have dipped my toe in the water and tried something new with my breakfast. I have a carefully honed breakfast cereal system with 3 layers, 1: low GI, 2: fibre, 3: something pretty and flaky. I thought, why not try mixing it up, literally mix my layers, and do muesli? I bought a muesli that was too apricotish and sour, so then I padded it out with more rolled oats and I also bought a bag of kamut wheat from the health aisle. Never heard of it. It's bigger, tastier, better for you, puffed wheat. So I think I have invented a perfect muesli! meuslie plus oats plus cornflakes plus kamut. Kamut, you heard it here first. It'll be the next quinoa or chia.

What will I think of next!

No comments:

Post a Comment