Thursday, August 9, 2012

Being very independent of fashion.

I have two quotes to share re fashion. One was a writer lady on the radio one night who said she often sees a young person coming towards her and thinks to herself:
"that young man's desire to be fashionable far outweighs his sense of the ridiculous."
...a sentiment which I very much like, and I can't wait to use it in public and sound clever.

I am reading Cranford, and quite enjoying it. So many clever observations. About the attitude of the old ladies to their unfashionable dress sense:
"Their dress is very independent of fashion; as they observe, 'What does it signify how we dress here at Cranford, where everybody knows us?'And if they go from home, their reason is equally cogent, 'What does it signify how we dress here, where nobody knows us?'
Quite logical. Not a million miles away from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment