Monday, August 20, 2012

Too amazing to think of a title.

On Friday night, just before I went to bed and the house was pretty dark, I opened some mail. I ripped up the glued-down flap, just the corner. And I saw a tiny flash of light. Weird. Must be my eyes. Ripped a bit further, another tiny purple flash of light. Disbelief. Peeled the rest of the envelope open and every rip was another little purple flash. 

So how did I get this far in my life without seeing or even hearing about envelopes having purple sparks and flashes? It was just so crazy that I walked around the house giggling madly because either:
  1. everybody else knew about this and I somehow missed the fact that envelopes have purple sparks, or
  2. nobody has ever seen it before and nobody will ever believe me that it happened. What if it was just that one envelope?
And then my flatmate got home, and when she understood what I was cackling about she got her own mail, turned off the light, and opened it they way I told her. MORE PURPLE SPARKS!!! Proof that I am not mad, I have made an amazing discovery.

3 comments:

  1. I asked someone about it and apparently it's static! Still yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try it? Has anyone else seen it happen? I tried again last night but it was a flimsy envelope and wouldn't peel open.

    ReplyDelete