Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Morning quiet time.

I have been trying to find a time to read my bible. I'm a morning person, but I'm also very clock-driven, and I've found that reading the bible at breakfast has me glancing at the time and mentally preparing to hurry off to the bus. Not conducive to meditating on scripture. After work can be a good time, no distractions, except that I do Jillian or am too tired. Then I realised, why don't I do it in the morning while mentally fresh but AFTER I've commuted! Then I realised, that's not my idea, Anna did that first. But now I've invented it too. So I catch a bus half an hour earlier each morning, which actually is faster and more comfortable and less crowded, and get in the office while empty, and I am in the perfect calm and undistracted state of mind.

This morning I was gazing out the bus window and it dawned on me that I was staring at unfamiliar blocks of flats. Looked around and lo, the bus was not in the centennial park bus lane, we were cruising on towards Anzac Pde. Was I on the wrong bus? Was I going to Central? Have I been paying attention AT ALL? But the bus driver was just being cunning and using Anzac Parade to overtake the buses in the park lane and we beat them all into the ED. Can't do THAT at 8.10, that's a 7.30 trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment