Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thowing away is hard to do.

I've got a porcelain doll from Grandma, she gave one each to us girls when we were young. I like it, but it's not hand made by Grandma or anything, it's just from copperart. And I'm not a doll and bear person any more. I don't want to display it, I'm not into knick-knacks. So there is no point keeping it. Nice things in boxes are a waste of everything: the nice thing AND the box space. I've given up the idea that I should keep things for when I have a place of my own, or when I have children. Use it or lose it. So I want to give it to the op shop near MM because I know then some old lady will buy it and be very happy. The doll will be better off there than in my storage. But I still don't want to give it away! I've just taken photos in preparation of letting go and the doll has cute little shoes and stockings and a pretty face. I don't want to donate it, even though it's the right thing to do. That's all.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to wait for the right time to get rid of things. And the right time is when you're ready to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wise words. You can't rush grief. I'm hoping the right time is Friday. There are good signs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should have a tea party with your doll!
    then perhaps you can feel like you are have a farewell ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise that is a lovely idea and it would make it impossible to give her away. I don't want to invest happy memories in it, I need to create distance and get used to the idea.

    ReplyDelete