Wednesday, February 22, 2012

KESC 37 Fajar Review || FINAL KESC!!!!





I admired the golden tiles out the front while I waited.


This place is run by old people, and they seem to know their regular customers. This makes for a nice atmosphere. The menu doesn't have pictures, but it doesn't matter because everything we ordered was delicious and had a good size portion for the price. The bill for 6 meals among 7 was $70. I loved the deep fried tofu with peanut sauce, but it wasn't everyone's cup of tea. We ordered a combo dish with quails eggs, and a crispy noodle dish (which was awesome) and a crispy chicken dish (which was the most Chinese of all the food.







This is an interesting plastic covered flower arrangement on the ceiling.


This is a badge someone pulled out which I think has a cute font.



We then went to Passionflower for the last time, and I'm not really sorry it is the last time. It is too expensive (huge desserts for the price, but just not enough small cheap things, dessert just should not cost more than dinner) and they are very inflexible, they even have a "minimum spend per person" policy. It brought back memories of the city Passionflower when my group was asked to leave our table because they didn't seat people at that table in the evening, and go and sit outside with the smokers. I never went back. Not as bad this time, but same inflexibility: I asked to change waffles with vanilla ice-cream to chocolate ice-cream, and their policy is to stick exactly to the menu, so I had to order a whole different dessert. It was fair enough of the waitress to follow the rules, but the rules are still ridiculous. AB Cafe was the good old days.






The desserts are pretty amazing-looking though. So big. I didn't finish my double waffle 2 scoop dessert and I finish EVERYTHING.






And that is the end of that.

2 comments: