Sunday, February 12, 2012

eReader

I've taken the plunge an purchased an eReader.

These points won me over:
- being able to carry what would usually be really big books (such as the Bible) or several books in a thin, portable device
- my books having anonymity when I'm reading them in public spaces (the public does not need to know what books I'm reading!)
- something constructive or enjoyable to do during the daily commute
- freeing up space on my bookshelf by getting rid of books

I really don't like owning too much stuff, so the last point weighed in heavily for me.

I've already started selling books I own which are available as eBooks, however, I won't repurchase them as eBooks immediately to replace them. Instead, if I really want to read it, I will purchase it at that point in time. That way, I get rid of a lot of my books that I haven't touched in years and only buy the books I really want or miss.

1 comment: