Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hats.

I've got pigmentation on my face. I know, TMI. But this is a blog. Maybe you already noticed it, given that it's on my face, or maybe you were distracted by my braces. I think I might even be forced to start wearing make-up, I hate it so much. Enough oversharing, back to the point.

Sun damage. My enemy. I now wear 30+ sunscreen every day. I am even going to try and overcome hat-aversion, or should I say hat-hair aversion, and wear a hat regularly. To this end, I'm going to try and buy a hat that is awesome. Although the cancer council one does an OK job, it's uncool and I don't enjoy wearing it, so I'm going to take the "special fitness brand clothes because I value exercise" approach and buy an awesome hat so that I am more likely to wear it.

So I've found 2 hat shops, one in the city which is probably expensive, and one at Regents Park, which is practically a road trip although they sell online. But I have a big head, so it's risky to buy untested. On THAT note, from what I can tell, 65% of people have a big head. So you know what, hat-sellers? My head is NORMAL, not big.

But I am all excited about the range of hats out there! I was just going to get an akubra or straw hat or something, but what about a Panama hat! That sounds very Agatha Christie. You can even buy bowler hats. I can totally see myself scootering to work in a bowler hat. And there are hats that convert into visors by unzipping the crown! Hat hair optional! At the moment I am a fan of this green wool felt trilby, although it's a little bit too cute. I can't wait to try some awesome hats on.

No comments:

Post a Comment