Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pre-dinner milk.

Just a little tiny suggestion that might improve your life.

Allow me to persuade you of the benefits of a pre-dinner snack. I don't always have afternoon tea at work, but whether or not I do I am usually hungry when I have walked home from work. So I drink a small glass of milk. I have never in my life been a milk-drinking person, and I only started because I accidentally bought some milk 2 days before expiry. A glass of milk takes the edge of my tired hungryness, and gives me a quiet minute to sit down and sort out my mail and receipts before dinner. I think of it as "milk and admin minute". Two other women in my bible study do the same thing, one with milk and one with some kind of snack. I used to eat cashews, actually, but milk helps me unwind somehow. Calcium intake is important for young women, because you store it when you are young; and also, I've heard that calcium reduces PMS symptoms.

1 comment: