Monday, August 8, 2011

KESC 32.Review DONG DONG noodles.

I had high hopes of this place, I thought they might have hand made noodles, but they don't, it's just normal rice noodles and ramen and a regular chinese menu. I took my camera but forgot to take photos! We ordered beef and rice noodles, which tasted bland and oily. Needed to add soy. And Shan Tung chicken, which was good meat, tender, and sauce on the side which I like, but the sauce was way hot. I like less chilli and more of that sweet vinegar. And mushrooms with greens, which were the normal slimy funguses. And a combination bean curd hot pot, which was the nicest hot pot I've had in a while, but not memorable. And wanton for entree, which were like dim sims in Maitland. It was $11 each, since there were 5 of us, we all ate well. The food was very fast, the service was good, but it could have tasted better.

We went over the road to Papa Roti, because Elsie had some vouchers for get a second dessert free, so we got 2 desserts and shared them: waffles and 4 types of ice-cream. Then we thought we better try their famous buns, again with a voucher for one bun "absolutely free, no purchase required". They are very refined and buttery, nice in an insubstantial way. They are $2.20 each. The desserts were nice but it's a horrible cafe to sit in, because it is small and open and noisy and you get a lot of passive smoking. But we hung out there till 10 o clock anyway, it was a good time. We are looking forward to passionflower opening up, I hope it's got nice seating. We miss ABCafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment