Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Milk monopoly.

I recently switched back from soy milk to cow milk, and wow a lot has changed in a couple of years. I remember standing at the milk bay looking at all the different sorts of milk and which ones were on special. Today, the entire bay is stacked with no name milk which is all cheap. Off on one end just next to the soy milk are a couple of Dairy Farmers milks. I remember hearing that there was a price war, but I am surprised that the shelf space has been so aggressively stacked. I think I'm going to be a rebel about this now and avoid buying no name milk. I mean, there's healthy competitive undercutting, and there's shoving your massive greedy duopoly in my face.

2 comments:

  1. I was disappointed that they didn't have soy milk in the coffee carts at Engage Conference. That went into my feedback form.

    ReplyDelete