Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Voice.

I love singing shows. The blind auditions for The Voice are the best of the genre. I wish nobody had to be eliminated and you could just have talented people doing covers on TV every night. The battle round doesn't entertain me, I find it stressful, people singing a duet in competition rather than in unity. It is the complete wrong thing to do with a duet. But the rest of the singing is great TV.

I do feel that a good voice is a pretty small component of a music career, though. It's important, but… not everything. Compared to, say, a good song. It's not often a voice that gets stuck in someone's head, it's a song sung by a voice, and able to be sung. You don't buy a voice, you buy a song. And then, also, work ethic and confidence, and in a small music industry like Australia the ability to cross-over a lot, and be good on TV and all that. Because there are SO many good voices that a good voice just doesn't cut through. And think how many catchy songs are sung by average singers. Joel Madden has experience in this area.

I become such a cliche of a woman who rips into other women whenever Delta comes up. I don't know what it is about her, she's just… off. So much potential to be classy, so much natural beauty, but somehow such a fake. Unless posing is her natural state. The funny thing is it's not just me that can't help ripping into her. I've had a lot of company. And today I was lying in the ortho chair listening to the dental nurses on the other side of the room having the exact same conversation.

The black backless and frontless jumpsuit.


No comments:

Post a Comment