Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Staring at mens' faces

This is probably a sign that I've been watching too many makeup videos and reading too many beauty blogs, but I like to stare at and study mens' faces.

Image from http://www.mtv.co.uk/

Men usually don't wear makeup (and presumably take less care of their skin than women), so I imagine what men would have to do, if they made up as women do. Men with a lot of redness in the face might wear foundation to even out the skin tone. Men with sun-damaged skin might benefit from exfoliation and sunscreen. But men with great, makeup-free skin?! What is their secret?? How do they do it?? That's what I want to know.

Sometimes I wonder, is it better to be man, and have the freedom not to wear makeup, or is it better to be a woman and be able to fake looking alert, awake and luminous? Why do we accept men as they look, but expect women to wear makeup?

Anyway, since I like bright colours and it is a creative outlet for me, I pick makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment