Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yoghurt.

I'm a bit obsessed with yoghurt at the moment. I read a book about gut health and it advocated natural yoghurt. Also on The Doctors they said that yoghurt and nuts are the 2 best snacks to have. The best 2 yoghurt brands for naturalness and low fat/sugar and probiotics are Jalna and Vaalia, I think.

I like to put a little glass of yoghurt in the freezer for a while and then add a little sliver of cake or a crumbled cookie to it, to make a dessert sundae which isn't so unhealthy. Or when having ice-cream, go half yoghurt. I don't like the taste of natural yoghurt on its own, but I like it with something sweet, it makes everything a little bit like cheesecake, yet healthier.

1 comment:

  1. The best natural yoghurt out there is Gippsland Natural Organic Yoghurt: http://www.gippslanddairy.com.au/products_yogurt_5.html

    I always get the full-fat one. SO DELICOUS. Most flavoursome of the natural yoghurts. These are the ingredients: Organic Milk, Milk Solids, Yogurt Cultures [Acidophilus, Bifidus, Casei].

    You should definitely try it.

    In terms of calories, it's quite reasonable given it's got no-sugar and is full-fat.

    My second favourite (by a long margin) is Tamar Valley's No Fat Natural Yoghurt http://tamarvalleydairy.com.au/pnofatnat.htm They have a lite version, but I've never seen it. I think the lack of fat makes it less tasty.

    ReplyDelete