Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Why I wore a satay-stained cardigan.

A few months ago I had dinner at Mamuk, which does really nice satay. So I took the leftover sauce home, because I don't like to queue for food very often. It must have leaked into my bag because my cardigan ended up with brown patches in weird places. It didn't wash out, and napisan itself didn't get rid of it completely. But I've had the cardigan for a lot of years. It was $4 from an op shop. It still fits. It's synthetic and old, but in a simple style… a lot of cardigans these days are weird, like they are cropped or something. It's hard to find a decent cardigan, and believe me I am looking. Anyway, the point is, I needed time to let go of the cardigan somehow, so I put it back in the drawer to delay the decision. And yesterday, not able to find one of my newer nicer cardigans in the rush to work, I put it on. There are no mirrors in my house except the face ones. To see an outfit, you have to stand on a chair and jump. I find out what I look like when I walk into the elevator at work. And that's basically why. It was a shame, really, because I was otherwise nicely dressed and well-coordinated in my favourite frock.

2 comments:

  1. I know this wasn't your main point, but YES, how hard is it to find a nice cardigan! Please let me know when you find one! That's why I freeze in the office air-con on hot days - I don't own a work-worthy cardigan. This makes wraps a very good alternative. We should go cardigan shopping. Let me know if you ever find a decent one. I will let you know if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I'm doing a bit of googling for them recently, and there are lots of duds out there, seriously I am willing to pay some decent money for something I like.

    ReplyDelete