Friday, February 22, 2013

Old photos.

I like seeing photos of familiar places a long time ago. It's mind-blowing to contrast the change. I found this page today, all nicely labelled of the time and place. The George St post office building surrounded by scaffolding. St Andrews Cathedral surrounded by nothing. And Pitt St looking like Morpeth. And you can hover over pictures and see the now and then changes.

http://nowandthen.mindsocket.com.au/image/view/2240/st-andrews-cathedral-1870-attributed-to-charles-pickering

3 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE these kind of mashups. Have seen others of places elsewhere in the world, but not Sydney. These are great. Makes me want to read Playing Beattie Bow again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at St James station the other night.
    and there are nice old pictures there.
    I did playing beattie bow and then we went on an excursion to the rocks in high school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been down to St James station.

    ReplyDelete