Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Special exercise clothes.

I'm in two minds about them. On the one hand, it's just clothes for getting sweaty in. Wear an old tshirt, who cares?

On the other hand, I have a special sports shirt, and it is better. You can wash it out and dry it super quickly so you don't have the excuse of "my clothes weren't dry". Also, wearing nice clothes, not old clothes, makes you feel like you are doing something important. I exercise because I value myself; it's hard to value anything in stretched out old clothes.

It's like housework. It's a mundane thing, so the temptation is to spend the bare minimum on tools. But if you have good tools, the job is pleasanter and efficienter. Why add the frustration of thin, leaky gloves to the chore of washing up? Buy the thick strong ones. And buy a good mop that you can squeeze easily, not a cheap one that wets more than it cleans. And wear an apron, if you really want to feel fancy.

2 comments:

  1. I used to be very anti special exercise clothes, till husband got sick of me wearing my old mickey mouse T shirt to the gym and marched me off to Rebel sport to buy expensive brand-name (gasp!) exercise clothes. I have to admit, I'm a convert. My addidas pants and Running Bare T shirts are SO comfortable, dry really quickly and feel a lot cooler when exercising in summer.

    So I think it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I get to replace my 5 yr old trackies then!

    ReplyDelete