Friday, June 3, 2011

Operation: wash.

I watched the forecast all week: the promise of a sunny day on Friday was repeated and confirmed. So on Thursday night, I swung into action. Got as much of my load as would fit into the basket, filled up my little box with washing powder, went out to the laundry, emptied my flatmate's clean load onto the top of the machine, loaded mine up, set the timer to start at 3.30am, and hung it out before work this morning. Tip: If you wash with hot water, your hands don't get cold.

The next opportunity will be Monday and Tuesday next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hot water is not good for your hands - they dry them out. Easiest way is to wear gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But a hot machine wash makes washing all warm to hang out on a cold morning.

    ReplyDelete