Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Money to move.

I hate to sound like I want to leave Sydney, but now the Gov is giving us money! Although I've lost the news story to link to. $7000 to tempt people from a metro area to a regional area. Giving the Evocity thing a boost. It's a surprisingly pro-active move. Decentralisation would solve a lot of problems in Sydney, but there hasn't been much talk about it, because why talk about interesting practical things like that, when we can focus on which politician said what about who and what we all think about it… and all of a sudden, money in hand!

On the other hand, I would carefully weigh up my options before leaving Sydney. I can speak with experience, Singles and Young Workers in the city have good social networks. It's hard to keep friends in the country because young people move on quickly (young people are generally transitory, in the city as well, but more so in the country), and its pretty quiet at night in those relaxed country places. My 6 months in Bowral was good for my daily Bible reading.

Anyhow, my job will always be a city job, so it's moot for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment