Thursday, June 9, 2011

KESC 29: Shalom review

This has been a long time coming because I can't be bothered to get the photos of my camera. Imagine satay sticks and salad made from tofu, lettuce and peanut sauce. That was most of it, and it was yummy. We tried a chicken piece with Shalom special sauce, and it was the hottest thing we have eaten on the entire challenge! And unfortunately they do not provide table water. In fact, the system threw us off a bit because you have to pay when you order at the counter, and we wanted to share, so we ordered a bunch of things, calculated the cost each, pooled our money, then ordered.

The food did come fast, and it was nice, and not very expensive. Portions a bit smaller than at Ayam Goreng I think, and their range is limited to peanut sauce, mainly. Ayam Goreng wins on table water, though.

The devastating news is that ABC is no longer open at nights, for ice-cream. Devo is an understatement. So we tried the fried ice-cream at Time for Thai, which opened behind us, and I wish I had my camera because it was interesting... wrapped in bread. Not the normal way. But we liked the restaurant so we are detouring over the road next time, to eat thai, before our next happy mile of of chinese places: Kitchen Enlightenment, Dong Dong, and Kingsford Chinese I believe.

So next THURSDAY, Time for Thai.

1 comment:

  1. Singapore has ice-cream served in bread. Old men sell them in their carts on the streets. It's from the days of my grandma but it still continues.

    ReplyDelete