Sunday, October 18, 2009

When a disyllabic word sums up how you feel

In high school, we studied the musical West Side Story. One of the songs in it goes, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and gay and I pity, any girl who isn't me today ba da da da da da da da" (I may have miscounted the number of das).

When ever a disyllabic word (i.e. a word with two syllables) has been able to express how I feel, I have often substituted it into the song.

At the moment, I have a cold and well, as unladylike as it is to say it, I am snotty. So throughout today, this tune has been going through my head, "I feel snotty, oh so snotty. I feel snotty and grotty and gay, and I pity, any girl who isn't me today ba da da da da da da da da".

Try it next time a disyllabic word sums up how you feel.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA

    You crack me up. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you missed two da's the first time and one da the second time :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELSIE YOU JUST RUINED THAT SONG FOR ME!@!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe funny. and helpfull. I´m just a guy from sweden who googled "disyllabisk". :)

    ReplyDelete